AMA Transcript Part 3

Greetings Spacefarers!

Things are crazy busy right now for the team and the community, but we’re not letting up! Here’s part 3 of our transcript for the AMA we held on April 20th. Enjoy!

Q: MoonManiac — 04/20/2022

will we be able to “unclaim” and then go and claim something different if we learn something new?

A: HF_Shadow — 04/20/2022

we haven’t locked this in completely yet, but assume the answer is no

Q: [SLY] Groove — 04/20/2022

I believe it was mentioned that combat is not an area of focus right now. Do you anticipate combat to be included in the initial game release?

A: HF Artemis, Queen of Leeks — 04/20/2022

at launch, yes, we’re just developing in a modular fashion, with different areas of focus as we go along. Combat hasn’t had its turn at bat yet

Q: oatcat — 04/20/2022

Are there more spots for claims than available claims?

Im relatively sure the claims to possible things to be claimed is 1:1, but not everything has been purchased

there are a variety of non claimable Celestials as well all over the world though

Q: goulven — 04/20/2022

the common ones ?

common ones, yes but also Stellar Remnants in our PVP zone are not claimable, and those come in a variety of quality levels

How is the PvE coming along? It previously sounded like this was going to be a substantial part of the game

PVE is in earlier ideation phases right now, but it’ll become a big part of our focus as we move towards questing in a later block

Q: TricksyHobbit780[GEM] — 04/20/2022

Are you planning any other NFT sales for ships or hero’s in the near future?

we are! they’re coming soon. but there might be some other interesting stuff coming sooner than that. A little birdie at Gala told me something about… May Mayhem…

RE: Combat (ignore this if this hasn’t been storyboarded yet, since you’ve already answered that it’s not a focus area right now) - I may have misunderstood a previous comment. Is combat real-time? And if not, are there any strategic elements that go into it? (edited)

it’ll be asynchronous, so someone will send their fleet your way, you’ll be alerted, and the outcome will be based on each player’s offensive and defensive capabilities

Q: bdshor — 04/20/2022

If you own several claims in different clusters, will it be difficult to manage all claims throughout the cluster?

it depends on a lot of factors, because having them spread across clusters will divide where you’re looking at any given time. If you’re in a guild, you’d likely have guildmates watching your back, but if you’re on your own, it would be to your advantage to keep them closer, at least within the same cluster

The cost to manage claims across different clusters could be a bit higher, since you’ll have to travel back and forth between your homebase and your claims. But it could be to the advantage of your guild to take as many parts of as many clusters as you can so that you can monopolize a greater number of services in the area.

Q: bdshor — 04/20/2022

Hmmm, interesting…which services are we talking about? in-game services paid with DUST?

yes, in game services. say your guild has all the best shipyards in the cluster. then everyone has to use the shipyards under your guild’s control. that leads to more dust distribution for your folks

Q: Bullhound :potato: — 04/20/2022

This reminds me of the board game Risk

a fair comparison, the number of ships, fleets etc that you have will have a great deal to do with whether or not others succeed in their attacks

Q: oatcat — 04/20/2022

Claims were pricier depending on region. Does this mean they are better in that region or does it just correspond to time of realese?

the price changes were related to timing of sale, and which came first, not to the quality in game

are shipyards something that are neutral until a guild “takes them over”? or is thing something we can build?

a shipyard would be owned by the owner of the Celestial Object that it’s attached to

very cool. are shipyards where we upgrade and repair our ships? and then it sounds like to complete those tasks, the shipyard charges a fee?

yes essentially that is how it would work

My apologies if this has already been addressed - can we get an example of a typical play session? A player logs in - what are they actively doing to play the game? I understand that we can explore, gather resources, build - but how interactive are those activities?

its a strategy game, so a lot of your gameplay is about optimizing all of your actions around progression. what resources do i need to go collect? what buildings are close to upgrading? who is my guild fighting with to maintain dust distribution? which of my claims require maintenance? what daily quests can i go do…

its all about optimizing your time to progress as much as you can

1 Like

Thanks for the transcript!!